The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project (financed by the INFRAEOSC-04 call) for making FAIR data a reality in 6 ESFRI Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
The kickoff meeting for PanOSC will take place on the 15+16 January at the ESRF on the EPN Campus. Details of the agenda and meeting can be found here:
Attendance is open to those working on PaNOSC and related projects. Registration opens on 3 December 2018.
The 6 ESFRI RIs are:
The 7th partner is the e-infrastructure
PaNOSC is coordinated by the ESRF.
The project will work closely with the national photon and neutron sources to develop common policies, strategies and solutions in the area of data management and data services and connecting to the EOSC.
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
The PaNOSC proposal
The PaNOSC proposal was submitted on March 20. 2018 in response to the EU Horizon2020 Call for Proposals INFRAEOSC-04-2018.
For general inquiries about PaNOSC please submit an issue to the panosc support project or send an email to email@example.com (TBD).
PaNOSC on github